Friday 29 August 2014

Dear Scotland

Dear Scotland, 

It's Geordie from England. How are you? I know we haven't seen each other in awhile. Well, not since my Hen Party. Which was great by the way, thanks for having us! I was in Berwick the other week for lunch but I didn't have time to pop across and see you properly, anyway.....
There's a lot of talk now about you leaving, being Independent and everything - Ill be honest when I first heard about it I was like, No Chance..... but I can see now I was maybe wrong. You're serious about this.

I won't pretend to know the ins and outs, the politics of it all but I do understand why you would want to leave. I've thought about it myself from time to time and I don't blame you! It's just........ me and you go back a long way. There's been problems in the past but you know that's never had anything to do with us!!! You know me - Its not like I'm some southerner, like the Home Counties - it's Geordie! We're like sisters me and you. Family!

Have we thought about possibly moving the border down any further? We could get Morpeth I bet and see how we go from there. I know loads of people who would be up for that. We could build a new wall! Everyone loved the last one didn't they!

I don't want to get on your case cause I'm sure you've got loads on but have you given any thought for us - We're going to be "The North", it doesn't get more Northern and I don't know if we can do this without you. You do realise...... Sorry - I'm just panicking!

Look, I want you to know....if you do decide to go...I'm going to really miss you, that's the truth! Whatever happens at that referendum I will be thinking of you.

And remember we'll always be mates and we're just a handshake away if you ever need us for anything.

All the best Scotland and best of luck to you.

Geordie. xxxx

No comments: