Tuesday 9 June 2009

I See Daddy In The Door Way

I see Daddy in the door way
Watching me while I sleep
I can smell his blue stratus and pipe all the time
So I burrow deep into my bed sheets

I can see Daddy in the door way
In the shadows that lurk unseen
In the silence I can still hear him breath deep and loud
As I cover my ears from the deceased

I see Daddy in the door way
And it is no spiritual comfort to me
He’s been gone for six years, playing games with my head
Looming over my bedposts to peek

“I SEE YOU DADDY in the door way”
I miss you too Daddy, I know
But you have to move on and leave me alone
The time it’s taken to accept that you’ve gone.

Daddy step out from the darkness
And say your goodbyes to me
Take away your odours and presance
Go fucking R.I.P

1 comment:

Yvonne Young said...

This is so powerful, but amazing when you read it at the Jazz Club.