Sunday 7 December 2014

Energy

Its not because I'm a Mam that I don't always look glam,
Its a simple decision to not give a damn.
I might occasionally pluck and trim,
Eyelashes glued,
Lipsick used.
But -
I could not be arsed to do this every day,
I don't even own a hair brush. 
I mean, what more can I say!
I remember most days to put on deodorant,
To not stink all my friends away with my O natural odors. 
I obviously change my underwear,
Bath and shower daily,
But time wasted using straighteners and curlers,
Applying make up for hours.
No -
Thats just fucking silly!  
Although -
I really do admire these glamorous nine to fivers,
When everydays a film premier,
Every pavement, a red carpet.
Sometimes, I imagine I could be like them.
Wear high heels to go food shopping,
Get up at 5 am.
Clean, cook and watch telly, head to toe in French Connection,
Stylish, pristine, polished,
A picture of perfection.
Not a hair out of place,
Not a freckle left unaltered.
But I just don't have the energy,
To be that bloody gorgeous.
I like to slob out,
Keep toasty warm,
Let my knicker beard go astray.
No......
I don't have energy for that all pampering, 
At least not everyday!

No comments: